Photo contest rules
- FBI Photo Contest is open only to those who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Contest is open to residents from all over the world, and is void where prohibited by their local law. FBI Photo Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
AGREEMENT TO RULES:
- By participating, the Participant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of judges as final and binding as it relates to the content of FBI Photo Contest.
- Entries must be submitted no later than the deadline of listed
HOW TO ENTER:
- Participants must pay the entry fees and complete the submission form in order to be considered for the FBI Photo Contest. The FBI Photo Contest must be entered by submitting print images no smaller than 8×10 no larger than 8×12. We feel the trust test of an image is in the print. The entry must fulfill all of the FBI Photo Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the FBI Judges. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion French Broad Imaging.
- Send submissions to Texture Gallery & Art Bar, ℅ FBI Photo Contest, 1516 Patton Ave, Asheville, NC 28806 USA
- Images will not be returned unless specified and postage provided by sender.
- Payment may be made via square or paypal.
- Be sure to include entry form with each submitted image.
- The Winner of the FBI Photo Contest (the “Winner”) will receive an exhibit space and artist opening at Texture Gallery & Art Bar in Asheville, NC. The 2nd Place Winner will receive $50 gift certificate for printing at French Broad Imaging, and the 3rd Winner will receive a 16×20 Luster Print of one of their images, their choice.
The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the FBI Judges. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winners. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the FBI Photo Contest to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
WINNER & FINALISTS: (SELECTION & NOTIFICATION)
- The decisions of the judges and editorial team are final. Winners and Finalists will be notified by email within five (5) days following the selection of Winners.
- FBI Photo Contest shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within ninety (30) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Any violation of these official rules by the Winners will result in the Winners’ disqualification as Winners, and all privileges as Winner will be immediately terminated (at the FBI Photo Contest Judges’ sole discretion).
- All entries will be reviewed by the FBI Photo Contest Judges. Then, selected entries will be reviewed by the Jury. One (1) Winner and nine (3) Finalists will be selected by our quarterly Jury under the supervision of French Broad Imaging Judges, based on the overall beauty, power, photographic skill, creativity, and originality, in accordance with the competition rules. All judges will be appointed by FBI Owners. The judging will be ‘blind’, therefore the photographers will remain anonymous during all the judging process, to ensure that each contestant is judged only on his or her photograph.
RIGHTS GRANTED BY YOU:
- By entering this competition, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of FBI Photo Contest Judges. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. Each Participant retains copyright of his or her images, and credit lines will be attributed to each Participant when exhibited or presented anywhere by French Broad Imaging
- Entries and images that have been rewarded in major photographic Competitions are not eligible to the FBI Photo Contest. Entries that have been selected as Finalists in previous competition are eligible to win any of our prizes in subsequent competitions. It is possible for a photographer to win multiple awards but the same submission cannot win multiple awards. If a submission to a previous competition has received no prize, that submission is still eligible. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless French Broad Imaging from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which French Broad Imaging may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- In its sole discretion, French Broad Imaging reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the FBI Photo Contest due to infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsors that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
- In such case, FBI Photo Contest Judges may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by FBI. French Broad Imaging reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the FBI Photo Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. French Broad Imaging has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the FBI Photo Contest, to void entry for any reason. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, French Broad Imaging reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
- By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless French Broad Imaging and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the FBI Photo Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- FBI Photo Contest is governed by the laws in North Carolina, without respect to conflicts of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in North Carolina having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
There is an entry fee.
$10 for a single entry, or $25 for three entries.
- Photographers retain all copyright on their images and the competition entries are judged anonymously.
- Photographers give French Broad Imaging legal rights to post and share images on social media and in house for others to view.
- If you use social networks to communicate or administer the FBI Photo Contest, include the following: FBI Photo Contest hosted by French Broad Imaging is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with these social networks.
- French Broad imaging reserves the right to modify, suspend, to discontinue permanently or temporarily, or cancel the FBI Photo Contest at any time and without being required to give any explanation, in case it is in the incapacity to continue operating as anticipated, for any reason that is outside it’s jurisdiction and influence. French Broad Imaging will refund the entry fees to all Participants if the FBI Photo Contest is permanently suspended for a specific event, and French Broad Imaging will not reserve rights to use any of the pictures that have been submitted that specific event. In any case beyond our control that leads to the exhibitions being cancelled, there will be no refunds.
- No refunds will be made by French Broad Imaging unless we cancel event because of Acts of God.
- French Broad Imaging will not be held liable or responsible of any images submitted to the FBI Photo Contest and their potential consequences, or any issues that entrants have to face while taking part in the FBI Photo Contest.